Sunday, October 17, 2010

busy busy

The days fly by here in the Cleve. Half of the time it gets to Sunday and I realize that I have no idea what I had done that week. This week we did a few fun things in between Andrew's midterms and my job hunting.
Andrew did well on his midterms and I fell for some stupid pyramid scheme and ended up job shadowing this door to door salesgirl for an entire day. It was ridiculous. No wonder I'm unemployed.
To keep my spirits high I forced Andrew to go to the Botanical Gardens with me. I brought the camera but forgot to bring the SD card (oops!) so all of our documentation is in video form.



I also hosted game night for the girls in the ward. It was super fun even though there were no games played. Although, there was a whole lot of Newsie's being sung.

But of course, our week wouldn't be complete without testing another local restaurant.

We cheated on Captain Tony's and I've never felt so alive...joking. I got the Milanese pizza with chicken, sun dried tomatoes, red peppers, garlic cloves and spinach (yes, all on one pizza!!! I'm in heaven). Andrew went traditional and got the supreme pepperoni. I know what we're eating for dinner every night next week...

Speaking of fabulous we got our pup this weekend!!!

top- left: look at that belly!      right: loving his daddy
middle- a proper gentleman pup
bottom-  left: cuddling with his mom      right: gchatting with Abby and Scot

That night we fed the missionaries and b-lined it out of our apartment immediately after because we were so excited.  His name is officially Kipling, after Rudyard Kipling, and he is a gentleman pup (notice the derby hat). He is 6 1/2 weeks old, 9.5 pounds and utterly adorable, even though he keeps us up the entire night. He loves his daddy more than me and has more rolls than a bakery. He is hyper and happy and loves to bite my fingers and Andrew's toes. He loves cuddling but hates being picked up and goes stiff as a board if you try. We're struggling on the crate and potty training end though. Help me Rhonda.
Since we live in an apartment with no private yard we can't take him outside until his 8 week shots. The wee wee pads just aren't cutting it. But we can't get mad at a face like that.



In other good news I got a job finally. (Not a creepy pyramid scheme job but an actual legit job) I'm the new cashier for the Nordstrom Women's Shoe department. So much for actually bringing home any money. Even after I told them that I'm going to be gone for a lot of the next few months they were still interested in me working there. I got offered a job at Restoration Hardware too that I really wanted but I would have to work on Sundays. boo hoo.

Oh and just fyi after church today we were all barricaded in the church parking lot only to be informed that the Presidente himself would be driving past along with his small posse of 100 other official vehicles. I got video footage on my phone but don't know exactly how to post it on here.

5 comments:

Cicely said...

A pair of new shoes with matchin' laces...

Also, turns out David will be out of town all week. Cool. So, can we still be invited for dinner next week or is the invitation revoked. I totally understand either way. But, I do want to meet your English gentleman.

ps. You know you loved seeing "Obana" yesterday- even if you are a "punkin."

Sarah C. said...

I miss you. So there it is. And how do you already have, like, a life in Cleve, and I've been in Dallas and still don't?! Answer me THAT! (also, please get me a dog. thanks.)

katie said...

Adorable puppy! And the job at Nordstroms sounds fabulous!

4webbsontheweb said...

Just got done catching up on your blog with the kids. Porter was laughing so hard at Andrew in the video. He misses Stinky Andrew. They love little Kipling. Glad to hear you are having so much fun and you have a fun job too!

Janelle said...

Yay for finally getting Kipling home!