Sunday, October 19, 2008

Travel...

A while ago Krystal and I went to St. Anthony, Idaho. We stayed with Krystal's grandparents. They are, in many ways, an example of how two people should spend their years. The town is beyond tiny, and its full of characters and inside secrets that everybody knows. Krystal's grandma has the energy of a bumble bee. Her grandpa will not stop working, moxing, fixing, or anything industrious--despite the kid pleadings. Needless to say, I was thoroughly impressed.
Styles and I spent a long time in Cody. It was obviously a big deal for me because I got to stare at the bonafide artifacts of Mr. William F. Cody--the man who is most responsible for creating the myth of the cowboy. I loved it. Krystal like the guns. (which by the way she is a better shot than I am)
My first time in Hawaii was on our honeymoon. Krystal's grandpa was kind enough to let us use his condo in Maui. I now understand why everyone raves about Hawaii. It is almost as if you feel that you, and you alone, have a special connection with that place--even if you have only been there but once.

No comments: