Wednesday, March 28, 2012

jet setting

 This week has been the longest week of my life!!! We find out the sex of the babe on Friday and I'm dying here! Friday cannot come soon enough if you ask me.

In random news it was my sweet Gma's 91st bday yesterday. Happy Birthday Grandma, we love you sooo much! I called her and we chatted about the baby mostly. She wants me to have a girl too.

The rest of this is a catch up post. Ready, set, go...


Because I am a great wife I took off for Maui for 2 weeks and left my sweet husband and our walrus to fend for themselves. I  soaked up lots of rays and ate anything that I felt like eating. I also told my Maui fam about the baby! They were ecstatic to say the least. The baby is already a Maui bum, I can tell.


 Next was NYC...


How have I gone my entire 25 and three quarter years without being to NYC?!?! It was a masterpiece. The entire trip was a dream and I didn't want to come home. We went w/A's family and they were sweet enough to do all of the touristy things with me. Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, 9/11 memorial, Wall Street, Central Park, Times Square, Broadway shows, museums, take me back, I beg you! 

A and I arrived at our Times Square hotel and I immediately nailed a biker with the taxi door. If that doesn't make you feel like a small town chicken I don't know what will. Don't worry the biker wasn't injured. The driver even said in his Indian accent, "It wasn't a bad hit." which I hopefully interpreted as, "Don't feel too much like a fool, that happens a lot to you small town folk." 

Now let's talk about the food for 2 seconds. It was AMAZING.INCREDIBLE.OUTOFTHISWORLD.DECADENT.RICH.
FABULOUS.FRESH.EVERYTHINGI'VEEVERDREAMEDOF.
food. And it was at every restaurant we went to. We didn't have one bad meal.
Excuse me while I clean up my drool.

Oh and remember how A and I showed up at the airport sans camera. This was our conversation...
"Hey did you grab a camera?"
"No. I didn't really think about it. Did you?"
"Nope."
"Oops, oh well."
Luckily Abby brought one but we made do with our phones for the most part. So there will probably be better NYC photos to come but these will do for now.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Looks like it was so much fun! You know, I haven't been on blogs in forever, so I didn't know you were pregnant, but I saw all the baby things you were pinning on Pinterest and wondered :) Congratulations!