Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ode to October

Actually my friends I am not going to write an Ode to October because I have no such talents but I am going to very simply tell you why I love October/autumn right now. If I had any lyrical prowess maybe you'd get an ode but I don't so you'll just have to deal :)


1. Halloween: I don't know why Halloween is so much fun to decorate for but I absolutely love it! Plus the costumes and the candy...how could you get any better than that?

2. punkins: Andrew refers to them as pumpkins but they are really pronounced punkins. please don't laugh at him, he tries.


3. Autumn: the crisp air just does something to me, along with the beautiful boots and coats that go along with it!

4. Fall Break: whoever came up with this ingenious concept needs to be given a medal and a big hug. Plus fall break means that the semester is halfway over!!!

5. Clam chowder and chili: in all of it's warm velvety goodness, nothing makes me more happy than clam chowder in a bread bowl.

6. Fall fashion: I love unpacking my autumn clothes and reminding myself that I actually have some decent clothes. Plus, a cute scarf can just make an outfit. I was introduced to scarves as a real accessory when I came to college. I never knew how warm they really are and I am always cold, Andrew can attest to that. Plus, pea coats to die for, leather boots, sweaters, hats, gloves, I need to go shopping!


7. Riding: Autumn rides are always the best, I'm not quite sure why but they are.

8. Christmas: what do you mean Christmas has nothing to do with October? you're crazy! don't you know that when October hits Christmas is only 3 months away? Woo Hoo!

9. Fur coats: no I don't wear fur. I probably would if I had money but that's a different story. Any who, the horses are starting to get their winter coats and they look so funny! all fuzzy and thick, but they are so warm and a little chubby. (don't tell them i said that, they are all a little body conscious right now)

10. General Conference: wasn't this last conference wonderful? I always walk away from them feeling a little bad for not doing all that I should be but with a new found resolve to be a better person. Plus, President Monson is so wonderful, how could you not love that man?

11. Pies: Peach, apple, pecan, pumpkin, oh i could go on all day! I'm hungry.


Well my friends that is the closest thing to an ode you will get out of me so enjoy! I hope you are having as wonderful of an October as I am!

xoxo

No comments: